Rowan Tissara aka 'Ro'
1. What’s the bike you're riding right now?
When we get the chance I enjoy riding my Trek Superfly 9.6 hard tail Mountain Bike which I shipped over from the UK with me.
2. Would you cheat on your current bike for another bike? If so what bike!?
I would happily give up my current wheels for a Harley Davidson and an opportunity to ride around the USA on it.
3. If you were a bike what would you be and why?- City bike, bmx, road bike, mountain bike, cycle cross, fixie
I would be a full suspension Mountain Bike. Strong, compact and able to take the knocks thrown at me but with endurance and guts to outlast and outfox the competitors.
4. Earliest bike memory?
Racing around the neighbour hood with my friends
5. Preferred terrain- Hills, mountains, coastal, flats?
Freedom, mountains and dirt all the way!
6. What is your current connection with cycling… and how has it become part of your lifestyle?
I include cycling as a functional performance to cross train athletes and maximise there training goals. Cycling is a low impact action which has applications to help improve running and athletic endurance with less stess on the body.
7. In 3 words describe your coaching style
Efficient, effective and functional